Our Advisory Board
Jon Lindberg is the Founder and CEO of First Advisors Capital, Inc. (FAC). He stands at the head of our research team and oversees investment management. He has spent the better portion of his more-than-30-year career developing and promoting an innovative business model that takes investors directly to their assets, ensuring the highest level of transparency and eliminating Wall Street's typical redundancies and unnecessary fees. Under his guidance, FAC has consistently qualified for the National Quality Award for Service.
Mr. Lindberg has been married for 29 years and lives with his wife and three children in Birmingham, Alabama.
- He is a graduate of the University of Montevallo, with a Bachelor's in Business Administration.
- He studied at The American College in Bryn Mawr, PA, where he became a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), specializing in Estate and Financial Planning.
- He completed the Advanced Estate Planning course from the Graduate School of Financial Services.
- He is a member of the American Society of CLU & ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) and the Certified Financial Analyst Association (CFA).
- He completed the Uniformed Combined State Law Examination, the Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination, and the Uniform Investment Advisor State Law Examination.
- He holds securities licenses Series 63, 6, 7, & 65.
- He has over 20 years in the fields of finance and accounting.
- He is presently an accounting professor at Valdosta State University.
- He has published over two dozen articles in industry journals and magazines, including The Journal of Accounting, Global Finance Trends, and IACPA.
- He holds a PhD in Finance and Accounting from Florida State University.
- He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant
- He has extensive consulting experience in the areas of banking, healthcare, insurance, and financial risk.
- He has received the Business Division Professor of the Year (1999 to 2001), the Distinguished Manuscript Award from Allied Academy of Accounting and Finance (1999), the John L. Rhoads Award for outstanding contribution to accounting literature (2000), and the Distinguished Manuscript Award from Allied Academy of Accounting and Finance (2000 to 2008)
Dr. Chitwood is an advisor emeritus with our founding RIA firm, Chitwood-Lindberg Wealth Management, Inc. He was instrumental in the initial development of FAC's investment methodologies, but is now retired and living in North Carolina with his wife, Judith. Today, he serves on FAC's advisory board, where he provides independent advice in the areas of macroeconomics, geopolitical market forces, risk, and volatility.
- He earned a PhD in Psychology in 1972 from the University of Alabama.
- He founded Chitwood Advisory Group in Birmingham, AL in 1987.
- He earned his Chartered Financial Consultant designation in 1990.
- He became a CPA in 1994 and was one of the first CPAs in the country to receive the designation Personal Financial Specialist by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- He has been published in the Journal of Accountancy, Registered Rep. (RIA Biz), Money, Birmingham Business Journal, and numerous trade publications.
- He is currently a managing partner with Atlanta Capital Group (subsequent to the merging of Chitwood Advisory Group with Atlanta Capital Group).